Passover is a time for family, friends, and, of course, delicious food. One of the most popular desserts this holiday is cake, and we have the perfect recipe. Our Passover Coffee Cake is delicious but gluten-free and perfect for those following a kosher diet.
Mocha cake is a delicious combination of chocolate and coffee flavors. This pairing of flavors is a classic and has been enjoyed by many for years.
Mocha cakes can come in many forms, from a simple chocolate cake with a coffee glaze to a more complex layered cake with mocha buttercream or mocha ganache filling.
Table of Contents
Passover Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup matzo cake meal
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/4 cup brandy or cognac (optional)
Passover Coffee Cake Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Mix the matzo cake meal, potato starch, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the oil and eggs together. Stir in the coffee or espresso and brandy or cognac (if using).
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cool and serve
Tips and Variations for the perfect Passover Coffee Cake
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped dark chocolate to the batter for a richer flavor.
- For a non-alcoholic version, substitute the brandy or cognac with vanilla extract.
- To make the cake more festive, top it with a chocolate ganache or a dusting of powdered sugar.
This Mocha Cake recipe will surely be a hit at your Passover celebration. Its rich chocolate flavor and a hint of coffee or espresso will satisfy any sweet tooth. And the best part is that it’s gluten-free and perfect for those following a kosher diet.
One of the great things about mocha cake is that it can be enjoyed at any time of the year, not just during Passover. So it’s famous for birthdays, weddings, and other special occasions. In addition, the rich chocolate and coffee flavors complement each other, making for a truly decadent dessert experience.
Give it a try, and let us know how you liked it!