Looking for the Best Coffee Bean Grinder in the UK? I’m not surprised…
Coffee lovers know that freshly ground beans make a world of difference in the taste and aroma of their morning cup. That’s why investing in a coffee bean grinder is a must for any home barista. But with so many options on the market, it can be challenging to choose the right one.
When it comes to coffee bean grinders, there are two main types: blade grinders and burr grinders. Blade grinders are more affordable and work by chopping the beans with a spinning blade. Burr grinders, on the other hand, crush the beans between two abrasive surfaces, resulting in a more consistent grind.
When looking for the best coffee bean grinder in the UK, one critical factor to consider is the type of grinder that suits your needs. If you’re after a more uniform grind, burr grinders are the way to go. However, if you’re on a budget, blade grinders can still produce a decent cup of coffee.
We spent hours researching and testing ten coffee bean grinders to identify the ones that deliver the best grind consistency, ease of use, and value for money.
Table of Contents
Best Coffee Bean Grinders
We all know that a perfect cup of coffee starts with freshly ground beans. But with so many coffee bean grinders on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is the best fit for you. That’s why we’ve done the research and testing to bring you our top picks for the best coffee bean grinders in the UK. From manual to electric, we’ve got you covered. So, sit back, relax, and let us help you find the perfect coffee bean grinder for your morning cup of joe.
If you’re looking for a coffee grinder that can grind your favourite coffee beans to perfection, the Duronic Coffee Grinder Electric Blade CG250 is a great option.
- The 250W motor is powerful enough to grind coffee beans effortlessly and turn them into powder.
- You can achieve the perfect grind size for your coffee, whether you prefer Turkish coffee or French press.
- The push-down top operation is simple and safe to use, and the removable stainless-steel bowl makes it easy to clean.
- The grinder is quite noisy, which may be a problem if you’re using it early in the morning or late at night.
- The capacity of the bowl is only 75g, which may not be enough if you’re grinding coffee for a large group of people.
- The grinder may leave a mess around it after use.
We’ve been using the Duronic Coffee Grinder Electric Blade CG250 for a few weeks now, and we’re impressed with its performance. The 250W motor is powerful enough to grind coffee beans to a fine powder in a matter of seconds, and the push-down top operation is simple and safe to use.
One thing we like about this coffee grinder is that it allows you to achieve the perfect grind size for your coffee. Whether you prefer Turkish coffee or French press, you can adjust the grind size to suit your taste.
The removable stainless-steel bowl is another great feature of this coffee grinder. It makes it easy to remove the ground coffee from the grinder and clean the bowl after use. However, we did notice that the grinder may leave a mess around it after use, so you’ll need to clean up the area around the grinder as well.
Overall, we think the Duronic Coffee Grinder Electric Blade CG250 is a great option if you’re looking for a coffee grinder that can grind your favourite coffee beans to perfection. It’s easy to use and clean, and it allows you to achieve the perfect grind size for your coffee.
KRUPS Coffee Mill and Spice Grinder 12 Cup Easy to Use, One Touch Operation 200 Watts Coffee, Spices, Dry Herbs, Nuts Black
If you’re looking for a versatile coffee bean grinder that’s easy to use and can handle spices, nuts, and grains, then the KRUPS Coffee Mill and Spice Grinder might be just what you need.
- One-touch operation ensures consistent grinding for a flavourful cup of coffee every time
- Customizable grinding time allows you to craft coffee your way, every day
- Generous capacity lets you grind up to 3 oz./85g of whole coffee beans, enough for 12 cups of coffee
- Can be noisy during operation
- Some users report that the grind can be inconsistent at times
- The plastic lid can be prone to cracking over time
We’ve been using the KRUPS Coffee Mill and Spice Grinder for a few weeks now, and we’re impressed with its performance. The one-touch operation ensures that our coffee grounds are even and uniform every time, and the customizable grinding time allows us to get the perfect grind for our preferred brewing method.
The generous capacity is also a plus, as we can grind enough coffee beans for the whole week in just one go. We’ve also used it to grind spices and nuts, and it works just as well as it does with coffee beans.
However, we have noticed that the grinder can be quite noisy during operation, which might be a concern for some users. Additionally, some users have reported that the grind can be inconsistent at times, which might affect the taste of the coffee.
Finally, the plastic lid can be prone to cracking over time, so it’s important to handle it with care. Overall, we think the KRUPS Coffee Mill and Spice Grinder is a great choice for anyone looking for a versatile and easy-to-use coffee bean grinder that can handle spices, nuts, and grains.
We highly recommend the VonShef Coffee Grinder Electric 60g for anyone looking for a powerful and efficient coffee grinder that can also grind nuts and spices.
- With a 150W power performance and a maximum capacity of 60g, you can make up to 4 cups of coffee with just one press operation.
- The sleek matt black design is elegant and modern, and the transparent lid allows you to observe the fineness of your grind.
- The lid-activated safety lock ensures the grinder will not work unless the lid is locked securely into place, making it easy and safe to use.
- The ground nuts are difficult to remove as they stick to the surface of the bowl, making it difficult to clean.
- Even at halfway below the full marker, not all beans were ground, and large pieces or whole beans remained.
- The lid could be a tighter fit, so be careful when lifting the whole grinder.
We have been using this grinder for a few weeks now, and we are impressed with its performance. The powerful 150W motor can grind coffee beans, nuts, and spices quickly and efficiently, and the longer you hold the power button, the finer the blend. The durable stainless-steel blades whirl or chop the ingredients, guaranteeing a high-quality blend every time.
The VonShef Coffee Grinder has an elegant and clean design, with a sleek matt black finish that complements any kitchen. The transparent lid allows you to observe the fineness of your grind, and the clever storage space means you can store the power cable at the base of the grinder, keeping your countertop tidy.
We appreciate the lid-activated safety lock, which ensures the grinder will not work unless the lid is locked securely into place, making it easy and safe to use. However, we found that the ground nuts were difficult to remove as they stick to the surface of the bowl, making it difficult to clean.
Overall, we think the VonShef Coffee Grinder Electric 60g is an excellent value for money, and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful and efficient coffee grinder that can also grind nuts and spices.
If you’re looking for a versatile and affordable coffee grinder, the UUOUU Coffee Grinder is a great option. We recommend this product for anyone who wants to grind coffee beans, spices, nuts, and herbs at home.
- The powerful 200W motor grinds up to 2 ounces of coffee beans in just 20 seconds.
- The durable stainless steel blade allows you to grind a variety of ingredients from coarse to fine.
- The lid-activated safety switch ensures that the blades do not spin unless the lid is securely placed.
- The capacity of the grinder is limited, so you may need to grind multiple batches for larger quantities.
- The coffee grinder can be a bit noisy, so it might not be the best option for early morning grinding.
- The grinder is not dishwasher safe, so you’ll need to clean it by hand.
We were impressed by the UUOUU Coffee Grinder’s performance. The powerful motor and sharp blades made quick work of coffee beans, spices, and nuts. We also appreciated the safety switch, which prevented the blades from spinning unless the lid was securely in place.
The compact size of the grinder made it easy to store in our kitchen, and the non-slip grip surface ensured that it was easy to handle during use. We found that the grinder was easy to clean with the included brush or a dry cloth.
Overall, we think that the UUOUU Coffee Grinder is a great option for anyone who wants to grind coffee beans and other ingredients at home. It’s affordable, versatile, and easy to use.
If you’re looking for a simple, efficient coffee grinder that can handle both small and large batches of coffee beans, then the KYG Electric Coffee Grinder is definitely worth considering.
- The 300W copper motor ensures fast and efficient grinding, while keeping the noise level below 45dB.
- The 6.0mm blade height design ensures uniform grinding with no whole beans stuck under the blade.
- The 70g capacity can meet the amount of ground coffee most people need in a day, and the powder won’t fly over the sides when you open the lid.
- The grinder is not suitable for grinding very fine espresso coffee.
- The cord is a bit short, so you may need to use an extension cord.
- The grinder can get quite hot after extended use.
We’ve been using the KYG Electric Coffee Grinder for a few weeks now, and we’re impressed with how well it performs. The 300W copper motor is powerful enough to grind coffee beans quickly and efficiently, and the noise level is low enough that you won’t wake up the whole house when you use it in the morning.
The 6.0mm blade height design is also a nice touch, as it ensures that all the beans are ground evenly, with no whole beans getting stuck under the blade. And with a 70g capacity, you can easily grind enough coffee for a few cups without having to refill the grinder.
One thing to note is that the grinder is not suitable for grinding very fine espresso coffee. However, for most other types of coffee, it works very well.
Overall, we think the KYG Electric Coffee Grinder is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable, efficient coffee grinder that won’t break the bank.
When it comes to buying the best coffee bean grinder in the UK, there are a few things to consider to ensure you get the right product for your needs. Here are some of the features you should look for:
One of the most important features to consider when choosing a coffee bean grinder is the number of grinding settings it offers. The more settings a grinder has, the more control you will have over the grind size, which is essential for achieving the perfect cup of coffee. Look for grinders that offer at least 10 settings, including options for espresso, drip coffee, and French press.
Burr or Blade Grinder
Coffee bean grinders come in two main types: burr and blade. Burr grinders are generally considered to be the best option as they produce a more consistent grind and are less likely to overheat the coffee beans. Blade grinders, on the other hand, are more affordable and easier to use, but they can produce an uneven grind and can overheat the beans, which can affect the flavour of the coffee.
The capacity of the grinder is also an important consideration, especially if you are a heavy coffee drinker or brew coffee for multiple people at once. Look for grinders with a large hopper capacity and a high grinding speed to ensure you can grind enough coffee quickly and easily.
Size and Design
Finally, consider the size and design of the grinder, especially if you have limited counter space. Look for compact models that are easy to store when not in use, and choose a design that complements your kitchen décor.
By considering these features, you can find the Best Coffee Bean Grinder in the UK for your needs and enjoy delicious, freshly ground coffee every day.